Nueva Concina Vegan Rice Mixes


The other day I tried Nueva Concina Mexican Rice. To it I added some frozen kale, frozen cauliflower and canned pinto beans. I also added some fresh sliced garlic as well. I pretty much add fresh garlic to just about everything I eat. There is no such thing as too much garlic.

I really like the product. Mild, but very nice latin flavor. I'm not sure it's really mexican rice. It was peppery and a little bit spicy, but didn't feel mexican per se. I'd call it more of a latin fusion. It's a way better deal than a lot of other pre-flavored rices. The package is much larger for the same or only a little more money. There are a lot of nice big vegetables in it. Whole green peas, big cuts of carrot and celery. Something I"m not accustomed to from other prepared rice mixes. A high quality product to be sure. The flavors with beans seem an even better deal. I've not even them yet, but if the veg in their mexican rice is any indication, there should be a generous portion of beans in their product. This of course saves you more money in that you needn't add your own beans.

The box indicates it'll take about 25 minutes to cook after it comes to a boil, but I found it cooked much faster than that. It took about 10 minutes to come to a boil and then another 15 of covered simmering for the rice to become tender. Knorr rice cooks faster, but rice a roni generally takes longer. But as far as wholesome ingredients and being vegan and vegetarian friendly this wins hands down. Simple, tasty ingredients. No animal products. Not even the may have come in contact with warning. Easy to prepare. Very fair regular price. Bargain sale price. Good flavor even when diluted with add ins.

Vegans and vegetarians should definitely get behind this product in a big way. Buy it and promote it. It's exactly the kind of food we all desire. Big flavors with simple, honest, totally animal free ingredients at a more than reasonable price.

Rock on with your vegan self Nueva Concina!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegan Spicy Curry Vinaigrette Recipe

Hummus Mac and Cheese

More Vegan Rice Mixes